General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Volunteer need for the State Criterium Championship in Murfreesboro

Hello fellow Mboro bike club members and cyclists alike,

I am writing in regards to the upcoming State Criterium Championship that is taking place right here in Murfreesboro, TN on July the 21st. I have spoken with Mark Dement in regards to helping assist with the staging and marshaling of the race, and I am looking for volunteers to assist with both of these important functions. We will be looking for as many volunteers to assist as possible. This can be a great event for our local community and downtown businesses and will bring awareness to the sport we all love.

Staging of the race will consist of volunteers showing up early the morning of the race to help close off the course and set up barriers along the race route. This will involve some manual labor, but nothing too strenuous. Marshaling will consist of volunteers being positioned along the race route during the many races that will occur throughout the day. Your responsibilities will consist of manning a radio to notify the race coordinators of traffic that might try to or end up on the race route itself, and to make them aware of any wrecks that may occur so the appropriate personnel can assist the downed racers.

Mark will come up with a designated time for each marshall to work so that no one individual is stuck with that duty for the whole day. Volunteers that help with staging will need to show up fairly early so that we can have the course set up, swept, and ready to race on time. I am sure there will be some additional needs, like volunteers to help with registration, but the above- mentioned are the most important and pressing needs at this time.

Please contact me via text, phone or email if you would like to assist with either of these needs. According to Mark, this race used to be put on by our club some years ago, and I think it would be fitting if we once again lent a hand in organizing and volunteering to help put on a local race we as a club and community can be proud of. Mark and MOAB have been instrumental at some point in assisting all of us with every aspect of the sport of cycling. They are consistently at the forefront at all local races and cycling events, and I think it is time we show our appreciation for all that they do by assisting them with man and woman power at one of many races that they host throughout the TBRA race season.

Once you contact me in regards to how you would like to assist, I will relay that information to Mark and will contact you once a date and time is determined to meet and discuss designated times and responsibilities prior to the race date. I am really looking forward to organizing and participating in this race.

Regards,

David Koonce
dkoonce79@gmail.com
706-955-5897