General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday Century Alternative -- Christiana Elementary, 8am

Had a lot of questions today about the century, so reposting my earlier bb message. Since we have more people coming than I expected, we'll use the club sign-in sheet to make sure we have insurance coverage -- so make sure to sign in. Given that no-one has posted a consensus ride for Sunday afternoon, let me know if there's anyone out there that would like a 50 mile version of this, and I could make that tonight.
--------------

For anyone interested in a flat century, some of us will be leaving Christiana Elementary for our May century this Sunday at 8am. This is the same route we used for the Snowman Century in February. Since it's Sunday, several stores will be closed, but there are definitely stores at miles 18, 47, and 78. We'll stop for a bite to eat at the same nice store on Verona Caney (mile 47) that we stopped at in February.

Don't intend for this to be a hammerfest, but be prepared to go alone or pair up with someone if you are significantly slower than the rest of the regular century riders. In the case of bad weather, we could push back to Monday (Memorial Day) if necessary.

This is not an official club ride, but helmets are still required. Please print your own cue sheets.

Christiana Elementary 100

Re: Sunday Century Alternative -- Christiana Elementary, 8am

Would love to see a 50 mile version.

Scott and I are in for 50 easy miles

Sounds good

49.3 Mile Option

Here's a shorter route for those that don't want to do a century. The biggest "hill" on the short ride is that little railroad track crossing on Christiana-Fosterville. Doesn't get much flatter than that.

The two routes stay together for the first 26 miles. Should be a great day for a ride.

Christiana 49.3

Mark

I'm in.

Great route Mark! Good to see everyone who came out today!