General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stolen Bike

Trek 1000 road bike, 58 cm Silver we had stolen from us in the last 3 days from our shed. It was a Christmas present that now we don't have. I am beyond sad and upset.

Re: Stolen Bike

I'm so sorry, Dorothy, to hear of your foiled Christmas surprise. Want mine? Merry Christmas!

Susan B

Thank you for the sweet offer Susan, but I don't think it would fit my 6'2" son. :-)

Dorothy,sorry to hear about the theft.I have a 58cm Cannondale that I can let you borrow until you find another bike. I'll even bring it to you today, just let me know.

Merry Chrismas
Vergle
542-2324

check pawn shops

Dorothy, Sorry to hear you had bad luck. I would check all the local pawn shops pretty quickly. Usually thieves don't want to ride a bike--they want money.

I hope your Christmas was joyful anyway.

When i was a kid i had many bikes stolen. Thru not locking it up or whatever. it is a crappy feeling, whether you are an adult or not. It is why i got into cycling in the first place. it was something a not-very-athletic person could do. while other kids could do school sports, i wasn't suited for them.
I feel your pain, dont let it get you down.

I am so crazy sick for you! When Brenda's was stolen the police found it at a pawn shop (a little later). Make sure you file a report.

What a horrible feeling. Losing the bike is one thing, knowing someone was there waiting to take it is another. So sorry it happened to you.

Dorothy - Get another bike. Put in back in the garage. Leave the door open a little. Me, Deputy Drye, Colonel Corley and the Forrest Rangers'll hide up in the rafters and nap the varmints (never to be seen agin) when they return to the scene of the crime.

What ya goin' a do, Mr. Adventure? Tinkle on his wheel?