General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update from Laura Koonce

From Laura regarding David: "We got the report from Neurosurgery this afternoon that David's compression fracture will not need surgery (there was some concern that his movement over the last few days would make it worse or shift the broken pieces). He was able to do his PT with their clearance today, and he did great. He made two laps around the hallway, sat down in a chair and got into bed, all unassisted. And he wasn't on any pain meds at the time! They were trying to get him to use a cane, and he was playing with it more than actually using the thing... Shaking it a people and laughing (yeah, I know you're really surprised). So, it goes without saying that he is doing really well. HOPEFULLY, we will go home tomorrow. They have to do another chest x-ray in the AM to make sure the air in his chest cavity is gone. I believe that is the only thing keeping him there at this point. While it stinks to have to stay there a couple more days than we anticipated, I think it has really been a blessing. He has gotten some "extra" PT and OT, and he has been able to rest in a comfy bed with round the clock care. We discovered a tape allergy today, and there is no way I would have been able to address that myself. They also made sure he had no DVTs today by doing an ultrasound of his legs. We will be so glad to get him home, and he misses our sweet Paisley so much."

Re: Update from Laura Koonce

Thanks for the update. Praying for Koonce to get through this.

Re: Update from Laura Koonce

What good news. You can't keep a good Koonce down! Really I am so glad he is doing so well Laura. thank you for the update.