General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Changes to Saturday 6/30 Ride

Due to the extreme heat forecasted for Saturday - Dave and I have decided to postpone the 72 mile birthday celebration ride.

We will still ride Saturday morning, leaving from Buchanan Elem School at 7:00 a.m. I will plan a route that will allow us to finish by 10:00 (~45 miles) at which time the heat will be upon us.

If any of you plan to ride early and loop back around to meet up with the club ride- post up - others may want to join you.

Check back Friday evening for more details about the club ride.

Re: Changes to Saturday 6/30 Ride

Good call Sarah and Dave. It broke 90 at 10am today and Saturday looks worse. I'll probably stick with your 45 miles and be happy.

Yes, good call. See you all on Saturday morning for the ride.

Inskeeps are riding the club route at 5:30. I just can't wait til 7. We will print our own cue sheets. Probably will average 15 for the 45 mile route. Y'all be safe. Freeze those water bottle tonight. My thermometer says its 109 degrees. Yowza!!

here's the route - it's only 30 - when I walked outside at 9:30 this morning and melted to the pavement - I decided we didn't need to be on our bikes much past 9:30 - if you want more - go for it but this is the official route - leaving Buchanan Elementary at 7:00 a.m. cue sheets will be provided and I will sweep. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1374057.

Since Dave will be almost 73 by the time this heat breaks - I have a 73 mile route for us to do in celebration of his birthday - maybe we can get it done when it cools off in August.

Great call Sarah. C-Ya at 7

Going to ride with the Innskeeps @ 5:30. Join us if you want.

Thanks Sarah. I think I may start about 6:30 if I can get there just so I know there will be people coming up on me as I ride :-) See you then.

Save me a cue sheet. cu@7