General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Don Holder update

Janey and I went to see Don and delivered a fruit basket from the MBC tonight. Even though he laid there pretty much motionless his face lit up with that familiar Don Holder smile we all know. The surgery went well and he was able to move his left foot so it seems the swelling may be subsiding some. The spinal cord is bruised but not severed. That's good. He had at least one broken vertebrae in his neck and it was fused to the one next to it. His spirits are tremendous for what he's been through. He also swears by Oakley sunglasses, he slid on his face on the left lens. It may have saved his eye. There is definitely some rehab in his near future and I'm sure he will do great.

Re: Don Holder update

Thank you, David, for the update. I'll be praying for him. How did his accident happen? What causes most accidents? My guess is going down hill and running into small loose gravel. Y'all be careful!

Re: Don Holder update

Don said the front brakes were adjusted tighter than he was used too and it was a bike he doesn't ride much. He just hit the brakes too hard and went over the bars.