General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: If you're available Friday morning at 8:00?

I will be there Sarah. It would be an injustice if this guy got off with just a slap on the wrist.

How do we know which court room to go to. Any info would be a great help. I plan on being there if I know where to go.

It will be general sessions court. Case number
311036181. Scheduled for 8:00 a.m. Contact the Court Clerk Laura Bohling at 898-7831 for more details.

In the meantime if you can call or write to the District Attorney and express your outrage that he is not interested in taking this case to trial. Explain to him that "Oh I'm sorry I didn't see you" just isn't acceptable any more, and there is a new law on the books to protect cyclists and pedestrians from just that excuse.

Revision to Section 55-8-136 of Tennessee Code Annotated clears up the ambiguity in the law making it clear that it applies to ALL legal users of the road and not to just motor vehicles. More importantly, it discourages the often used -- Sorry I Didn't See You excuse -- for hitting a pedestrian, bicyclist, or other legal road user.

The phone number is District Attorney General Murfreesboro, TN (615) 898-8008. His name is The Honorable William Whitsell. And his address is 320 West Main Street, Suite 100
Murfreesboro, TN 37130.

Please contact the DA and let him know how you feel.

Sarah

I'll be there... But someone might have to bail me out of jail if that's all that punk gets is community service.

Thanks to all of you who have contacted DA Whitsell - his response has been much better than expected. Keep those calls and letters coming!!

Jimmy, I'll bring my check book.

I will be there at 7:30am outside the building and will be wearing a BRAT T shirt. Hope that we have a good turn out. See everyone there. I do hope that we do not have to be refrained if he only gets community service for almost killing someone and then leaving the scene of the accident.
Bill Heim

Wish I could be there, can't get off work. Called the DA office though.

Let us know how it turns out. I appreciate your involvement.