General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saturday Century Route -- Feedback Requested

I've put together a preliminary route for a century this Saturday. Unlike the past few weeks' centuries, this one is hilly. I'd appreciate feedback on the route from anyone familiar with the area. A big part of the route is based on the excellent Big Hill Challenge Metric route, so I know that part is good. I know we've ridden most of the other roads on this route, but I may be overlooking something. Let me know if you see any potential problems. Thanks.

Lascassas 102

Re: Saturday Century Route -- Feedback Requested

Hey Mark,

I would stay off of cooper hollow road. Last time I went down it it was gravel and has cattle grates going across the road ( I had to dismount to cross), that was about a year and a half ago though?

Also 70 between water town and Alexandria is a busy road but ridable.

Jim

Jim may be right about Cooper Hollow - but it's beautiful and worth the adventure!

I hate that I'm going to miss it - but I'll be working hard so you can ride safe - Board of Directors meeting w/ Bike Walk Tennessee is Saturday.

Hoping to get in 50 or so on Sunday. Anyone interested?

I hope to get clearance for a Sunday ride too this weekend, so I may join you for 50.

Thanks Jim. Hope you and the family are well.

can't make it saturday, but sunday sounds good.

50 on Sunday sounds great! I plan to ride Saturday but cannot complete a century.

Martha and I did Cooper Hollow on the tandem (without any dismounts) about a month ago. An old guy and a short woman. How hard could it be?

I would appreciate some shorter options like you put together for the Christiana ride a couple of weeks ago. They were great!

Roll Call for Century (& Long/Short Options)

I've received multiple requests for shorter routes, and I'll take care of that after I have the longest route figured out.

Sounds like many of the regular century riders aren't able to ride a century this weekend for various reasons. Keith & Paul, are either of you interested in a century? Anyone else for a century this Saturday? If not, I may scale back the long route to 75 miles.

Re: Roll Call for Century (& Long/Short Options)

Mark, I will not be there this Saturday.

Keith

Mark,
I would be interested in doing somewhere around 75. I don't think I have enough time for a full century. Keep me posted or I will just check back here. Thanks for all the hard work putting the routes together.

I don't remember the last time I did anything over 70 miles all season. I gotta slow it down...

I am in for something around 50-75