General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alberto Contador is a weiner

Years ago my young children were quite amused by a statement made in an interview after a Tour stage. A surprise breakaway stage winner said in his heavy Eastern European accent, “I luked bahk un see nowun. An din I noo I vas a weiner.” After stealing a stage from a teammate and then attacking his rival with a mechanical, Alberto Contador is, in the true sense of the word, a weiner.

Re: Alberto Contador is a weiner

I agree, I just about broke my clicker when he attacked on a mechanical failure. No Class.

What bothers me is how Alberto really worked hard to put the screws to Andy. Not so much that he did an attack, but that he did so even harder knowing that Andy was down.

We all know what my response in today's stage would have been...

Crash him - he was classless last year in his attack on Armstrong and again proves himself to be classless this year.

I believe that his actions yesterday show that he questions his own ability/strength - rather than attack a rival when he is at his strongest he waited to kick a man when he is down so to speak.

You know what they say about karma Alberto...

Bildini.... indeed he is!!!

Bill, the phonetic transcript is too funny! But I like Contador. Even Saxo Bank's Riis said Contador had to go with Menchov and the others during the attack. Just an unfortunate mechanical at a bad time (IMO).

Miss riding with you all on Tuesdays! Hope all is well.

The Race-or-Wait debate is as old as the TDF itself, and IMHO this instance can go either way--ya pays ya money and takes ya choice.

FYI:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/07/news/war-and-peace-at-the-tour-de-france-contador-schleck-bury-the-hatchet_130287

I think it was a classless move. It isn't his first, he has ridden in the past to screw over teammates so why would he not screw over a rival. A rival that he isn't so sure about beating fairly.

Andy will take back the yellow jersey on Thursday from the weiner.

Who gives a rats ass. Like the old saying, opinions are like ass holes and this club is full of them!!!

Charming.

Yikes - was it someting I said

Miller, you sure gotta purty mouth.

disappointing

Message boards are all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out.

Sounds like another wiener posting on the board to me!