General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Cyclists Combating Cancer Cycling Team - Spoke of Hope Tour 2009

Our wedding may be change to be during my Cyclists Combating Cancer Cycling Team crossing from LA to DC to stop in TN for our wedding.

I have confirmed a Bicycle Pedal Taxi that will be decorated in all Yellow Sunflower to go along with our team colors. This will be our 1st ride together as husband and wife with possibly the CCC team leading in front of us. Depending on the city, I want to check to see if the Bicycle Police Officer would not mind leading the team through the city.

I still have not confirmed a church in the area, till I know the CCC team route.

Ed

an email from my CCC Team:

Greetings CCC Family... I am sending you an update on the Cyclists Combating Cancer : Spokes of Hope event. We have some incredible people on this list... people who believe that together we can do anything. Well, we are coming together and we are making things happen! We are assembling rides starting from multiple locations. We have rides starting from the following locations: LA to Las VegasFort, Worth to Dallas, Indianapolis to Dayton, Dayton to Columbus, Pittsburg to Harrisburg / HersheyPhilly to Maryland, Maryland to DC, Dc to Bethesda, New Jersey to New York. Scott Joy is coordinating the NE routes. I don't know exactly from where to where just yet.Not quite certain what is happening in Minnesota yet.We have a CCC'r in Tulsa and one in NE Kansas... but I don't know the plans there yet. Ed Denton would like to have a spoke come through Nashville with CCC'rs there so that they can be there for his Wedding! We will be sending out a link to registration this week. We will have a week to order jerseys. We have been getting very enthusiastic responses from the cancer centers that we have contacted. The NCI has also welcomed us to visit. The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship has really stepped up (thanks to Ken Youner) to help us open doors on Capital Hill. Thanks to the help from some the best people in the world (the CCC Steering committee die hards) we are actually getting this on the road! If you are wanting to start a ride in your area, Just let us know and we can help. The key is contacting the cancer center that you would like to spotlight in your town and route a ride from that cancer center to another cancer center (perhaps in a neighboring city) and the rest will fall into place. We will try to help you fill in the gaps. The goal is to educate the public that we need to support research, clinical trials, early detection... put a public face on cancer... on SURVIVORSHIP... and highlight the cancer support resources in your community. Yes... this is our first year... our Pilot voyage... but this has the possibility of making a difference in many lives. And if we can make a difference in just one... it is worth it.

We're in the Buckle

The rest stop on the 100 loop is at a church (Hollow Springs Rd - likely 2 churches on route on Hollow Springs). There is another on Burt Rd (Burt Baptist) another on Gilley Hill Rd and Dickens & another at the corner of Hwy 64 & Dickens Hill Rd.

Returning to the 66 route: There are several in downtown Woodbury within 2 blocks of the route. There's the Statesville church, another on 12 Corners & Bradley Creek (the route changed).

Re: We're in the Buckle

The Pastor Clark at the Hollow Springs Church is a former cyclist and just might be delighted to open his church for your ceremony -

Let me know if you would like his contact information.

Thank for the info on the churches in the area, this weekend we will check out these locations to see which one work for the both of us.

Thanks,

Ed

Sarah,

May I have pastor clark info. My fiance and I are still wanting to check on a few locaitons around here before making our final decision on the location.

Today we did church in Cookeville with my old college pastor, who will be preforming our wedding once we lock in a location. His country church will hold 60. My fiance and I need to finalized our list for determine if this location will work or not. I spoke with Warren the owner of Cookeville Bike Shop, who help me to locate a Bicycle Pedal Taxi for us to leave the church in Cookeville in if we decide to get marry there.

Scott& Denise Clark - Simmons Chapel Free Methodist Church 615-765-2826.