General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Funny Lock 4 MTB Ride Story

I wanted to tell this story

Today I (Gil Lee) took Jonah (my son) to Lock 4, a mountain bike trail @ Hickory Lake. We arrived and I notice a bunch of cars with bike racks all parked down in a field. I thought that odd, must be some big group out riding, trails will probably be crowded but with so many trails hopefully not to bad.
We take a short cut to the trail & just get riding and sure enough some dudes on our rear, so we had to get off the trail. A little later 2 more bikers on us, we move off again, then I tell Jonah lets pick up the pace I am tired of this. Again, another biker on us and we once again move off the trail. I tell Jonah these dudes are flying. I notice the trails are marked with arrow signs and other trails are taped off, they must be working on the trails or something. We are riding hard and really focused on the trail in front of us. I think more and tell Jonah, maybe there was a race yesterday and the trails are still marked. Then we hit a big down hill pop over a jump and people are yelling "Go Go, your doing good....." and clapping, some one with a camera took our picture going over the jump, OH YEAH, we were in the middle of a mountain bike race and doing pretty good by the crowds response.
Needless to say after realizing this, we pulled over and back tracked to the trails they already raced on and continued our ride.
We finished off the day with the satisfaction of riding in our first mountain bike race.
Sorry for the dudes we held up, they must have been mad.
I was amazed after riding those trails of how those dudes are racing in such rough terrain and not crashing.
No, I never saw the race numbers on the MTB'S as they flew around us.
Jonah & I are hoping to see our picture in the race.
Gil

Re: Funny Lock 4 MTB Ride Story

Now that is funny. How cool

Another Funny/Dumb Story

About 10 miles into my ride yesterday, I developed a sharp pain just above my left temple, which grew progressively worse. Fearing that it may have been an undiscovered injury from last week's dog wreck or worse, the first stage of an aneurism, I stopped to check it out. When I loosened the strap to remove my helmet, my truck keys came tumbling out.

Doh!

Glad you found your Hide-A-Keys!!

And it wasn't anything serious!!

Be careful out there.

Yvonne

Now that is funny. Sorry do not have anything funny to share except i swallowed a big bumble bee this afternoon. Good stuff great energy boost

Don't they call those Honey Stingers??!!