General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cherokees are coming

Thanks Mike. We'll be looking for your alert via "smoke signals" from the top of Del Thomas Road here in Rutherford County.

The Cherokees are leaving from the Confederate monument west of Woodbury whenever the Chief arrives in the morning. The Chief is a half day behind in McMinnville. We will ride old 70 into Murfreesboro. From there they will trailer the bikes and braves to Nashville. I think they may be planning a little side trip to visit Andy Jackson down at the Hermitage.

Too bad they don't have enough time to ride to Gassaway for a good ole bologna/cheese sandwich.
What time are you coming through the Boro on Wed.?
Have a safe ride.

Cary

The Cherokees used me as their guide through Cannon County. As we entered Murfreesboro the Chief came to the front and brought us down East Main to the Courthouse. We arrived at 10:45. The Chief had an appointment with Sen. Ketron. Some of the young braves enjoyed watching me draw on two currs that came out on us at the Porterfield Road intersection. They are on the way to meet with the Governor at 2:30. I offered to take them on to Hermitage, but they said they did NOT desire to see Andy Jackson dead or alive. I wish them well on the remainder of the journey.

Re: Cherokees came and went

....so they weren't "hostiles" after all?

Re: Cherokees came and went

They were not hostiles; they were Confederates. See the story and photograph at cannonwire.com.

that's cool-sorry i missed it. spent two days on a tractor...(bout my speed).

Great story and video Mike.....thanks for sharing.

Good article in today's Tennessean on the Cherokees and why they are doing their ride.