General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bonus Ride - Monday 5:30pm Spanntown

Come enjoy some cooler (mid 80s) weather Monday night. Leaving from Spanntown at 5:30pm for a 31 mile ride. Plan to add in a couple of roads that I don't think we've used in the past year...Haley Rd (some good hills) and Old Murfreesboro Rd. Any of the club regulars and/or experienced cyclists will be okay on this route, but this wouldn't be a good "first ride" for anyone due to the distance and daylight limitations.

Cue Sheet Info -- Monday 5:30pm Spanntown

Here's the route for Monday for anyone that's interested. Its a modified (longer) version of last Tuesday's ride, adding on Haley, Old Murfreesboro, and Spanntown Roads.

0 Depart 9056 Spanntown Rd,
0.1 RIGHT (South) onto SR-102 [Almaville Rd]
0.4 LEFT (East) onto Shores Rd
2.8 RIGHT (South) onto Puckett Rd
3.7 RIGHT (West) onto SR-96 [Franklin Rd]
4.1 LEFT (South) onto Coleman Hill Rd
8.9 LEFT (South) onto Patterson Rd
10.2 RIGHT (South-East) onto Hill Rd
12.9 RIGHT (West) onto Rocky Glade Rd
13.9 RIGHT (North) onto John Windrow Rd
14.7 Right onto Gene Underwood Rd /Taliaferro
17 LEFT to stay on Taliaferro Rd
18.4 RIGHT (North) onto US-31A [US-41A]
19.8 RIGHT (East) onto Patterson Rd
21.7 LEFT (North-East) onto Haley Rd
23.3 LEFT (West) onto Murfreesboro Rd [TN-96]
23.8 RIGHT (North) onto Old Murfreesboro Rd.
25.2 RIGHT (North) onto Fullerton Ln.
25.5 RIGHT (North) onto Nolensville Rd. [US-41]
26 RIGHT (East) onto Spanntown Rd.
30.7 LEFT to Ed & Dorothy's

Re: Cue Sheet Info -- Monday 5:30pm Spanntown

Mark,
You are the MAN!!

Since you went to all this trouble, I'm gonna make this ride even though it is supposed to be my rest day!!

I'l take it easy, so you can go on ahead since I've got a cue sheet!!

And I trust your directions better than mine!!

I'll keep you company and enjoy yours!!

Thanks putting this together!! Hope others can make it!!

Re: Bonus Ride - Monday 5:30pm Spanntown

Thanks for putting this Monday night ride together, Mark! It was a great route with plenty of climbs (and darting rabbits to avoid)!

sorry I missed you guys - I didn't get to Hill and Rocky Glade until 6:20 - got a late start. But I ended up with 19 miles with plenty of head wind to spare... See you tomorrow night.

Mark and Bill,
Thanks for a super great ride!! I enjoyed the new roads and it was perfect since I will be taking a real rest day tomorrow!! It's hard to take an easy day when you are leading the rides. Thanks for noticing I was on time!!
Yvonne

Thanks for coming out Yvonne and Bill -- it was a nice night for a ride. If you're interested, we had 2,500 feet of climbing, and an average of 81'/mile of climbing. 60'/mile qualifies as hilly in my book...we were halfway between that and Yvonne's lung buster winter night ride loop of 100'/mile.

Doh! My GPS tracks shows that we ran through that intersection at 6:19pm! I thought about calling you as we were approaching, but then we were talking and I got distracted, and we were a mile or two past by the time I remembered. Glad that you had a good one. The two roads I added to your route from last week worked out nicely. There's plenty of time for riding 30-32 miles right now...we need to extend the rides.

Mark,
I'm glad you have a Garmin (high end, pro model)!! I'm jealous!!

It's nice to know what the numbers were for the ride.

Thanks also for requesting that the rides be extended.

That is a great idea!!

Plenty of daylight until 8 and soon to be 9 am!!

Wooo Hooo!!