General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Harpeth River ride report

Keith, Mike C, Gil and I had a great time on the 62. I'm just glad Mike did not want to stop at the yard sale we passed on the way out and back!

Thanks so much guys for delaying your ride in the heat and helping me change the tube after my flat! I really appreciate it.

It was great to see the MBC members today at the ride. My intentions, just like two other friends, was to ride the 100 miler.
I got so over-heated.....leg cramps started, so I just did the metric with Bill, Mike, Chris, and Gil.
Thanks guys

I felt like I did the 100 today but I kind of lost count after the heat stroke. I can't figure out why my odo said 44...

The shady back roads were nice but when we got out in the open, it was as hot a ride as I've ever been on. Congrats to all of you that did 62.

Man, what a hot ride. At the 2nd rest stop we saw Nashville Mayor Karl Dean and yes he was riding. Cary and I shook his hand.

Bill G
Man, what a hot ride. At the 2nd rest stop we saw Nashville Mayor Karl Dean and yes he was riding. Cary and I shook his hand.

Did you give a little nudge on him helping to bike accommodations?

We avoided politics on this day (especially since we're not his constiuents).

did any mention it was HOT on Saturday?? And congrats to new rider and new club member Rosalind Teal on completing the 43 route - her longest ride yet!

We did the 62 route. It was hot. At one point I stopped in the shade around 50 miles and the SAG truck asked if I needed help. I must have looked pretty bad. I did not need a lift, but they gave me more water and I made it in.

I saw a lot of people standing and sitting under shade trees. Mayor Dean was still moving when we passed him.

The HBC put on a great ride.