General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
go as long as you want

People seldom ride longer if it's drawn as an option. Many ride the long route and some will take a shorter option especially if longer is drawn as the "main route" on the map. Plan short cut options that are as good (interesting, hilly etc) as the main route & you'll have takers for both. It seems people are less willing to drive to a ride than they used to be. May as well accommodate as many as possible.

Re: go as long as you want

Junkman, you have set a new record for pychobabble.

Re: go as long as you want

Not pychobable but arguably high on the beta-sigma scale. When are you going to lead another Adventure Ride? It's time for the annual foray through the cow pasture (on public roads).

Re: What's the interest for this Saturday's club ride?

My base plan is to ride whatever you lay out. But if the present forecast of 98 degrees for Saturday plays out, I'll personally find a way to keep it at 40 miles or less. Thought I was going to have to throw up the sponge this past Saturday.

Harpeth Ride

I was hoping it would be 30 or 40 with the hills...I had planned on riding at least 25.

I plan on doing the Harpeth River Ride.

Thanks for all the replies!!

I'll be there at Stewart Creek Middle parking area before 7 am and we'll have several options with the main ride being 50 miles as long as someone wants to ride it.

I will have cut off options available for those who are not wanting to go that far.

I haven't totally pinned down the route but I will be working on it.

For those going to the Harpeth Ride, have a super time and we'll see you next time.

See you bright and early Sat. morning. Please remember to bring plenty of water or sports drink. There will be at least one store stop possibly two.

My version of Cycle-babble, "Let's Ride!!"

Come out and join us!! :)

Yvonne