General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ride in the country

Travis and I missed the club ride Saturday to ride in Cannon and DeKalb counties. We headed from Woodbury to Gassaway for a big breakfast of eggs, biscuits, tomatoes, and ham at the Gassaway Homecoming. The gravey was so good I filled one of my water bottles with it for the road. We checked out a few yard sales on the way to Liberty and from there we went to Smithville up the historic Old Sparta Pike traveled by Andrew Jackson, Bedford Forrest, and John Hunt Morgan. In Smithville we stopped at a small craft fair and ate watermelon until a fat lady started to sing. We knew it was time to leave but we made sure we examined the Dairy Queen because a tractor truck ran through it last week and distroyed the dining room. From there we took the Jacobs Pillar Road back into Cannon County. We stopped at Short Mountain to swim in James Hayes lake. Then it was down River Road back to Woodbury. It was a great day in the country

Re: Ride in the country

Mike- sounds like it was a fun time- Sorry I missed both rides!

Cary

You guys know how to do it right!

Shoulda signed on as ride leader

Aaron is (was) always looking for ride leaders. Perhaps next year. What other Cannon festivities are on the calendar?

Mike,
Wasn't the gravy too thick to squeeze out of your water bottle?
We had a great time at the club ride....but your ride sounds better!!!

Travis and I are planning a trip to Viola in August for their Homecoming. We would like to make that a Club ride if it is acceptable to begin a ride from the Woodbury Square. In September DeKalb Telephone will have free BBQ for those that ride to Alexandria. That date has not been set.

Just sign up as ride leader

You get to pick the start location, time & route.