General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Map Committee?

Is there any interest within the club of creating a set of consistent maps for use by club members? I've seen a wide variety of maps/cue sheet styles in use, with some better than others. Perhaps a group could determine the best format, and if the club had one or two copies of software for making the maps, we could create them and post them to the website. It would be nice to number them too...like Ed does for the Spanntown rides. I'd be willing to contribute some time to the effort.

Re: Map Committee?

Mark- that's a great idea. We have a notebook full of routes accumulated over the years (1990-present)- last time I heard Mr. Tolbert had the notebook.
Maybe President Keith can appoint you and others to a committee to take on this worthy project.

Thanks for volunteering!

That would be great to have the maps and have them cataloged. Also, with an update to the "Ride Info - Ride Maps" section of this website people could have better access to the maps and cue sheets. This may lead to more people offering to lead rides. Especially, if they can pick from a list of rides and not have to create a new route themselves.

Cary, I think I might have the notebook of maps. I will check when I get back from KY. However, those are hand-drawn and very outdated. The roads and traffic patterns have changed drastically. But I will be happy to pass it on if I have it.

I would like to help with this effort as well and I think it would be a great resource for the club.

cell 579-2004

I have LOTS of maps/cue sheets. I'm happy to share!

Does anyone have a sense of the "best" software for creating the maps/cue sheets? Or is one of the on-line software tools (MapMyRide.com, etc.) better to use? I'd ideally like to find something that can create both a paper map/cue sheet and also a GPS map as well. The GPS files could also be stored on the website so that people could just download the route straight to their Garmin.

Mark,
I think the club has some software for making maps that the club purchased a few years back. You might want to check it out to see if it's something you'd like to use.