General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DNJ Letter to the Editor- Mon. paper

Title of letter is Arrogant bicyclists make the road hard to ride. I always want to defend the bicyclist, but after carefully reading and re-reading this letter... Well, it is food for thought. And reminds us of the importance of obeying the laws and curtesy on the road if we wish to have the same extended to us when we are riding.

Re: DNJ Letter to the Editor- Mon. paper

I found the article online since I don't get the paper... here's a link if anyone needs it:

LETTER TO EDITOR: Arrogant bicyclists make road hard to ride

Re: DNJ Letter to the Editor- Mon. paper

Geoff, excellent letter--I TOTALLY agree! Motorists have enough animosity towards cyclists without such deliberate flaunting of traffic law and discourteous
riding.

http://bicycling.com/blogs/roadrights/

Thanks for posting this Kay and Bill. I've written so many responses and deleted them all.

We have so much work to do to gain the respect of motorist - but it has to start with each one of us. I am as guilty as the next when it comes to obeying laws that are inconveninent. But in all honesty - I need to remember that I represent the cycling community at large when I ride.

I promise to do better.

I've attached a link to Bicycling Magazine's new column about cycling and the laws of the road. I would encourage each of you to read it, know what the laws are, and remember that we are all accountable to the cycling community.

Be safe out there.

Sarah