General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Board Problems...

I don't know who's technically in charge of the message board and/or webmaster of this site but have any other Mac users been having problems with the board in Safari?

I have to use firefox to access the board...just wondering if anyone else has had this problem...

Re: Board Problems...

Yes, I had to install Firefox to view the message board. Eric said he was also unable to view the site from Safari.

Thanks for saying something about this.

I am unable to use Safari on my Mac, the board doesn't show up on my iPhone and at work the PC's don't work either using Safari or FireFox.

Can we upgrade to the same Forum program as NMB.com? It works great and I've never had a problem viewing it.

What is keeping it from showing up?

I like Safari better than Firefox on my Mac. It runs better.

NMB uses vBulletin (www.vbulletin.com) which costs $180 to purchase and $40/year for upgrades OR $100/year to lease.

I agree the NMB forum is very nice and has a lot of useful features. Would the club want to spend the money? I know others have spent a lot of time keeping this site running (that I have not) and I appreciate that!

I looked at the support forum on the Bravenet.com site (the forum this site appears to use) and there are tons of complaints about the format change and compatibility with Safari. However, Bravenet does have a free version, so you can't beat the price!

Something has changed....I cant access it anymore from my Iphone. It is trying to download a file that isnt compatible for Mac users. The message I get when trying to access the board is as follows;
This Bravenet Service requires javascript to be enabled and the latest Flash player to be installed....Flash player is not compatible with Mac from what I understand.

I can read the board in Opera, IE, Firefox, and Navigator, but only in "Board" format. I can no longer switch to "Threaded" format. Something's changed...

Yes. The message board provider upgraded the system and it no longer works with Safari. I am in the process of upgrading the backend of mborobike.com to include our own forum. For the time being the Firefox web browser is the best solution. Stay tuned.

e.