General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sewanee Trail Ride TIME CHANGE to 11 and details

In order to allow for driving time, trails to dry, and to catch the bike shop open (Woody's hours 10-2 on Saturday), I hereby delay the start of the ride to 11am.

Directions: I-24 East to exit 134 (Monteagle/Sewanee).
Go South to Sewanee on 41A. (which is a left turn after you loop around)
Bear right onto University Ave.
Turn right onto Texas Ave.
Texas Ave. turns into Breakfield Rd.
Continue past the sports fields.
Turn left onto Lake Cheston Rd. -near the water tower, and just before the Equestrian Center.

We'll park down by the lake and ride back out onto Breakfield, then down some fire lanes to Parallel Trail (also a fire road), eventually joining the Perimeter Trail and then out to Dotson Point and then over to the Forestry Cabin. It's 5 or 7 miles exactly.

We'll then decide who wants more riding and who has had enough. It's quite easy to shortcut out or do repeat loops if one has a map handy.

Map (also available at Woody's)
http://web.me.com/brianschaefer2/site/Perimeter_trail.html

Regardless of the amount of rain we get tomorrow, there will be some mushy spots and wet crossings out there. But the soil is sandy and it won't be slimy slick like the river bottom trails get. The fire roads are undulating and have some rocky features. The singletrack varies widely in difficulty, but the route I rode today only has a few difficult sections. There's never any shame in walking those. I did.

Well, not all of them.

questions or lost: 615-542-1957 - or email before 9 Saturday.

Oh and bring money for a post ride sub and a brew at Shenanigan's.

Repeat: 11AM /NEW TIME/ ride from Lake Cheston.