General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sewanee Trail Ride Saturday 11 April

Whoops, I was thinking that FCF was first up, but it's closed for hunting. I'll be checking into the final details tomorrow as to which trails and where we'll meet on Saturday.

Sewanee and St. Andrews are next to each other, and Franklin State Forest is just down the road a bit. I chose Sewanee because it's not hunted and has high elevation which should mitigate problems with trail conditions (wetness). But I've not been there in a while, so I'll recon it tomorrow. I know the St. Andrews course used to have some wet sections, but they can easily be bypassed.

Stay tuned to this station for the latest information.

I should have specific directions and parking info tomorrow.

Details

I checked out the trails today. We'll start out on fire roads and then moderate single-track.

TIME CHANGE TO 11. That way Woody's is open for any necessaries that got left at home. His hours are 10-2 Saturday.

Exit 134 from 24 to the South (university of). We'll meet and park near, but not quite at the Equestrian Center. I'll be more specific later (map is in the truck). The trail map can be printed off from Woody's site. Sewanee has a great mix of open/fast and rocky vista riding. Bring a camera.

Please post up or send an email if you're coming.

WP