General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bike for sale or trade

I have a late 60's early 70's vintage Schwinn Varsity I am looking to trade or sell. Preferably would like to trade for a used hybrid upright position bike with road tires. Non-perfect condition is OK, but I want a quality bike not a cheapo big box bike.

I love the bike, but it is too tall for me. It measures 31 3/4 -32" from ground to the top bar. This bike is not a refurb. The bike is in excellent condition. The paint is all original with original decals. It is a bright green color. There are a few small nicks in paint, but still overall great shape. It has a Brooks saddle. All gears are in great shape. Most of the metal is in excellent condition with very little oxidation anywhere.

Moab bike shop n Murfreesboro gave it a thorough going over last fall. They replaced the tires, all of the cables, brakes and adjusted all of the fine points. Several employees there even commented on the excellent shape the bike is in given its original parts.

If interested please call Coley 615-587-0289. If you know David Scott he can verify the condition of the bike. Ha, sorry David.

Re: Bike for sale or trade

Forgot to add that this bike was made when the shift levers were still on the down tube, not the head tube.