General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jack Daniel's "Bike to Jack and Back" Bike MS 2009 October 3 & 4, 2009

Hello everyone,
I'm working with the National MS Society · Mid South Chapter on this year's Jack Daniel's "Bike to Jack and Back" Bike MS 2009. I'd like to invite all of you to participate in this year's ride! For those of you who don't know, it's a beautiful scenic ride through Tennessee's countryside just on the brink of fall. It starts at Page High School in Franklin, ends at Motlow State Community College in Lynchburg, with a cookout party and free tours of the incredible Jack Daniel's Distillery that afternoon. The ride returns the next day to Page High. A total of 150 miles for the weekend.

It takes a minimum fundraising donation of $300 to participate and all proceeds go to benefit the fight against MS. Fundraisng is easy with the tools provided by the MS ride web site. Last year I raised $605 in a little over a month simply by sending out the emails using templates available on the site. I think I could have raised a lot more had I tried a little harder and had more time too!

You can register here, either individually or as a team with as many or as few riders as you can recruit:
http://biketns.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/TNSBikeEvents?fr_id=11031&pg=entry

Event flyer detailing the ride is here: http://biketns.nationalmssociety.org/site/DocServer/Jack_Flyer_2009.pdf?docID=37209

For anyone who's ever done a benefit ride for charity, you know how rewarding it can be. Last year was my first year and afterwards I was hooked and thoroughly convinced of the good it does, which is why I volunteered to be on the '09 steering committee. Amazing experience, tons of fun, and the absolute best supported ride I've ever been on! You can even ride for an individual who you might know who has MS, which is what I was able to do. Makes the ride that much more meaningful. Give it a try this year and I promise you won't be dissapointed!

Thanks,
Steve Disser

PS: Jack Daniel's "Bike to Jack and Back" Bike MS 2009 October 3 & 4, 2009

Registration fee is only $25 before April 30th. After that it goes up to $35. First time riders can register for free if you know someone who has ridden previously and recieved a free first time rider ticket after registering themselves for this year's ride!