General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reminder: Public Hearing Feb 23 Smyrna Town Center 5:30 p.m.

Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan Seeks Public Opinion

A series of public meetings is scheduled February 23-26 to gather important input from area residents. Citizens interested in the development of bike lanes, greenways, and sidewalk improvements are encouraged to attend these meetings prepared to share their thoughts and ideas. A meeting is scheduled for each county in the MPO area as follows:

Ø Rutherford County on Monday, February 23
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Smyrna Town Centre; 100 Sam Ridley Parkway East, 37167.

Ø Williamson County on Monday, February 23
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Franklin First United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall; 143 5th Ave, 37064.

Ø Davidson County on Tuesday, February 24
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at East Park Community Center; 700 Woodland Street in Nashville, 37206.

Ø Wilson County on Thursday, February 26
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Lebanon City Hall; 200 Castle Heights Avenue North, 37087.

Ø Sumner County on Thursday, February 26
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Hendersonville Public Library; 140 Saundersville Road, 37075.

“These meetings will help the MPO understand each community’s existing walking and bicycling opportunities, additional areas that would benefit from bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and obstacles to non-motorized transportation,” said Leslie Meehan, Project Manager with the Nashville Area MPO.

Connecting existing bike lanes, greenways, and sidewalks with new facilities, in addition to connecting other transportation modes such as transit stops, are all part of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan that will be developed over the next several months. When completed, the plan will become part of the 2035 Regional Transportation Plan that will set funding and project priorities in the region for the next several decades.

more info at http://www.nashvillempo.org.

Let's get as excited about this as you about guns and dogs!!

Re: Reminder: Public Hearing Feb 23 Smyrna Town Center 5:30 p.m.

Sarah- I am planning to attend the meeting at the Smyrna Town Center.

Cary

Re: Re: Reminder: Public Hearing Feb 23 Smyrna Town Center 5:30 p.m.

I'm planning to attend also.

Re: Reminder: Public Hearing Feb 23 Smyrna Town Center 5:30 p.m.

I will be there for biking and walking (nashville striders)