General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mtb director -cross post from nmb

Okay I'm official now. MTB Ride Director (or something) for M'boro Bike Club.

The "Regular Season" starts in April, but I'll be leading a few unofficial rides before then. Yvonne and I have sorta already done a couple. This weekend 21/22 is out for weather and for DSG course work.

I'll try to post rides at least 5 days in advance--they'll always be subject to trail conditions. The first few months will be geared toward newbies, beginners, first-timers--or whatever they want to be called. Extra instruction, support, and patience will be afforded to everyone. If the group gets large enough, we'll split it into early/late rides where one will be for faster/surer riders. There'll also be some extended-enduro rides where we ride up to 6 or 8 hours in preparation for such nonsense as DSG racing.

But I really want to drag as many new folks in as possible so will concentrate on easy rides being part of almost every outing.

AEDC will be the main trail system for it's proximity (to Rutherford Co.) and less strenuous undulations/technicalities and ease of short-cutting and/or configuring a ride for any level of rider.

But we'll move 'round Mid-TN to other courses as the year progresses.

stay tuned.

Re: Mtb director -cross post from nmb

Wow!! CONGRATS WADE!!
That's GREAT NEWS!!

You're the right person for the task. I like the plan to help everyone train for DSG. It's an EPIC EVENT and it's close to home!! TOO MUCH FUN!!!

I've enjoyed the rides so far and am looking forward to more.
I'll be here to help out as much as possible.

Next weekend is out for me as well unless someone wants to meet at Chickasaw after 12 noon on Sunday when Brandon's swim meets will be over. I'll be in the Brentwood area. I'm hoping Stevie Mac can meet out that way. Any others interested? I'll post up. Youngsun?? You in??

Re: Re: Mtb director -cross post from nmb

Congrats Wade, but you know me Mud is just what I wash off my road/tri bikes.

Re: Mtb director -cross post from nmb

trails may be marginal after this wet/freezing stuff...play the ride by ear.

Re: Re: Mtb director -cross post from nmb

This is great news for all of us who do both sports. Looking forward to do some rides with you guys.