General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bicycle Restoration

Does anyone know a good frame painter in the area? I am considering having my steel frame Raleigh re-painted in its original color and having its original decals replaced. Most of the people I can find are in California or Wisconsin and I would rather do business close to home.

I have left the bike as original as possible and have debated whether or not I should paint it. I had to replace the worn crank and had to swap the handlebars for a wider set. I have managed to keep the Carlton hoods and the original brakes and Brooks saddle as well as the shifters and derailleurs. It's a close call, but I would love to see and ride it the way it was intended. The bike rides smoothly and is perfect for those days when I just want to go for a ride.

P.S. I never would have let the paint get into this condition if I had been the original owner. I just didn't have the money to buy this bike when I was 9 years old.

Re: Bicycle Restoration

David- you might check with Mark @ MOAB- they had a local person that has painted frames for them at one time.
There was a frame builder in Alabama- not sure if he's still in business- Mark would know.

Cary

Re: Bicycle Restoration

David, email me @hickmans@dtccom.net

Travis