General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dog story

Wade- similar story- several years ago a group of us had just come down Auburntown Hill (HWY 145) with Larry and Sarah leading on their tandem- at the bottom we were greeted by a dog that proceeded to run along side us at 22-24 mph all the way into Auburntown and at times ran in front and kind of looked back at us as if to say come on pick-up the pace. Once into Auburntown and at the stop next to the Church- where Kyle and Sarah were recently married- just a fast he turned and headed back up the road towards where we first met him.
It was an experience that is as fresh in my memory today as if it happened yesterday.
Riding the bike is about creating memories and having fun! (IDMYSJ)
Carpe Diem!
Cary

As a quite necessary and practical (nebbermind _all_ the other implications) thing, I am quite familiar with most all the regular mutts on my routes. And that's always a learning curve for each new paved path I take. I recall telling Mike (K) when came out last fall, "Watch this one", or "Nevermind that one--he won't leave the yard".

The odd thing about Ace is that I've ridden by his location dozens of times and never even noticed dogs--and he has a full grown "brother".

BIG surprise on that ride too. Lady who has huge wolfhounds penned up and _always_ six or more free-roaming, road-going, friendly chasers...had the whole pack hemmed up yesterday.

So when I get a route or two marked out here--there'll be some "K9" markings on the road too...for awareness.

We had one of these today...a black border collie ran along side us for 6-7 miles. I hope he finds his way home!