General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Dog Alert!!!!!

Yes, an amendment is a part of the Constitution, just not part of the original Constitution. My point was that even the founders did not consider this particular right to be so obviously 'god given' and well could have omitted it .. which they did in the "first edition" - or in gen-x terms, "Constitution 1.0"

Re: Dog Alert!!!!!

Honestly, there is no good that can come from carrying while riding.

And it gives bikers an even worse image...

So, if it's 'no good' to carry while riding (when you know dog assaults are likely), when would you carry? I'm pretty sure I know what your answer would be. Really not worried about image and what others think, just trying to be safe and protect me and mine.

Re: Re: Re: Dog Alert!!!!!

Guns have no place on a club group ride period. Not only is it disrespectful to other members that feel uncomfortable there are many opportunities for some one to get hurt. Feel free to carry it on your solo rides or when riding with others that are cool with it.

Guns like everything else have their place but shooting from a moving bicycle takes skill that not many have. Heck I have problems hitting a target with a water bottle much less a firearm.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dog Alert!!!!!

Jim, get a grip. The world doesn't operate around your liberal 'feelings'.

Now that I have commented on this thread I will probably be eaten by a dog on my next ride.

MOST motorist detest us anyway,so I dont give a RATS-SHOT what people think,I am not riding for them or some "image".I will always,ALWAYS defend my right to protect me and mine!I will ride anywhere with Mike,Travis and Adventure Ride and feel the safer for it.It is a shame we focus on what we disagree on instead of our passion for cycling!

Not if I am around!!!

Not if I am around!!

my daddy sez i rulez the roadz, now hez gittin me a kevlar vestz.

sneaky woof woof

Yeah, when B.O. sends me my stimulus check I'm gonna git me some armor peircing rounds!

I wish I could get you all this excited about advocacy and working together to get better bike lanes and bike routes.

I could not agree more!

GREAT post Sarah!!!! I'd also like to remind some of you passionate cyclists.....will still need volunteers for our Two County Metric.

Feel free to call me 615-419-1323.

Food for thought. I have a cousin that was once arrested for firing at decoy deer, that TWRA set out, from the roadway. You never really know who is watching. Be safe and ride on.

Shooting at anything from a car or roadway IS illegal! Protecting oneself with a permit and a gun IS NOT!

Again, be safe and ride on.