General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday Night Track Ride

I'm going to try out the HBC 6-8pm Thursday night track ride at the Speedway. Any fellow MBC riders interested in coming along? I'll just be riding in the slow lane, building up base miles, but I'm sure there are also fast pacelines buzzing around the oval. Let me know if you'll be there. (Note that HBC membership is required.)

Mark

Re: Thursday Night Track Ride

Do you know when the first ride is scheduled? I think it is Feb. 5th and that there may be an open house or orientation this Saturday. Let me know if I am incorrect.

Pretty sure the track open house has been postponed this Sat. due to the weather forecast. Check with HBC(website link on our site)
You have to be a HBC member to use the track and as a member you'll be included in their emails they send out.
Be careful riding in this weather- Cary

Re: Re: Thursday Night Track Ride

Membership with HBC is required due to rider insurance coverage.
This coming practice on Thursday depends on weather condition (cutting point 35F), and Saturday open house ride is postponed until the weather will be warmer.
Actually they plan to have a practice every Thursday until October (weather permitting; and cancelled only if Fairgrounds has a car race scheduled for that day, which has a chance of slim to none)
Olga

Re: Re: Re: Thursday Night Track Ride

Where did you see that Sat. was postponed? I just check the HBC website and it had no mention of a cancellation. I am planning to attend.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thursday Night Track Ride

The open house previously scheduled for Saturday is postponed due to cold weather. The Super 80 Qualifier is still on for Saturday at noon.

I got the update from the HBC Google Groups bulletin board. Do a search for it on the web and you can sign yourself up.

Just got an email that this Thursday Track night is cancelled due to low temps.

Re: Re: Thursday Night Track Ride

Thanks for the heads up Cary...I was on my way to the ride when Yvonne called to let me know. I meant to check the HBC BB earlier, but didn't have an opportunity.

I'm glad I caught you before you got to far out.

Thanks for riding with me tonight. Three times is a charm, huh? That means the next time things should be all smooth!!

I really appreciate your patience. I was ready to call it all off and drag the bike back. I'm glad I got that darn chain loose because the ride was great!! Cold, but tolerable with those hot hands and toasty toes.

I'll check to see if you post for this Sunday.

Yvonne