General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday 1pm Ride -- Arrington Post Office

Leaving the Arrington Post Office (4817 Murfreesboro Rd, Arrington) at 1pm for a leisurely 35 mile ride. Route goes east to Patterson, Windrow, & Rockvale before turning west and heading through College Grove and then back north to Arrington. At least 2 stores on the route -- 1 in Rockvale and 1 in College Grove. I rode this route with HBC last March and thought it was nice.

I will bring cue sheets (no maps) and I'll ride sweep. Hope to see you there.

P.S. For those that want to ride faster or longer, please note Aaron's Sunday ride post below. Aaron, I'd join you if I could ride 19-20mph in the middle of winter!

Re: Sunday 1pm Ride -- Arrington Post Office

Mark,
Sounds good!!
I'll be there unless something comes up.
Thanks!!

Yvonne

Re: Re: Sunday 1pm Ride -- Arrington Post Office

I'll be there, too.
I'm airing up my tires right now!
Nancy

Re: Re: Re: Sunday 1pm Ride -- Arrington Post Office

If you hear what sounds like gunfire, just check your tires again.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday 1pm Ride -- Arrington Post Office

Nancy Mc,
Why don't you come and you can laugh at me in person!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday 1pm Ride -- Arrington Post Office

Well, I would have, but David took me to see the circus. Cary, hope Ashleigh and Quincy enjoyed it as much as I did. I was sorry though to have to miss the ride, but the way the posts sound, maybe it was just as well to miss the frozen fingers and stuff.

Slovetts are planning to be there!!

So it's gone from squeezing to airing!! Gunfire and Fireworks!! Okay, that's too much information!! :)

See you tomorrow. Then you can tell me more!! Hee Hee!!

Thanks for coming out everyone. We got shortchanged by a few degrees, but otherwise, it was a nice ride. Dave and Nancy -- you'll have to show me how that "short cut" works. Yvonne, I hope your fingers are thawed out by now.

Mark,
Great ride! Thanks for leading.
"short cut" is sort of a mental thing-- while you're on it you feel so "ahead", until you round the corner and see the back of the peloton.

Let's hope Sat. is a bit warmer.
Nancy

Mark,
Great ride!! It was so challenging!! Bad judgment on my part thinking the temps felt decent at the start. My fingers thawed out 30 minutes later!! I heated them on the heater on the way home in the car and then I took a hot, steamy shower. They were still tingling. I discovered that those really awesome Hot Hands don't work in my back pocket!! Russell, my husband bought 5 packs of them for me last night. Needless to say, he didn't feel sorry for me.

David Collings thanks so much for helping me strap my bike down. I couldn't do it. You're alright!!

Thanks for pacing me back Mike and Mark!! I was getting tired. Mike Kobek it was great to see you after all these years. Sorry, I didn't recognize you at first. I called Jay and he says "Hello!"

Good seeing you all, Sarah, Steve and Nancy!! Skip nice meeting you. You are welcome to join us mtn biking!! Watch for postings.

I'll attempt another ride with the Hot Hands and if that doesn't work, I'd better stick to the trainer and warmer weather. I'll admit I'm not tough enough to stay warm!!

great route Mark! The toasty toes is truly the bees knees!! But weedoggie it was cold!

Gotta go watch the Lady Owls on Saturday -- but hope to ride Sunday - Have a great week!