General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Track" riding right here in TN!

http://www.harpethbikeclub.com/index.php/rides/nashville-speedway

Must be member of HBC. They have access to the Nashville Fairgrounds speedway and will be holding rides there. No dogs, no cars, and you can never be more than 5/8 mile behind the leader.

Re: "Track" riding right here in TN!

The HBC website says they are doing an "Open House" ride on January 31st and start the regular Thursday night track rides on February 5th at 6:00p.m. The track rides will be every Thursday through October or November.

It looks as though the rides are open to all riders of every speed and from beginers to expert riders. The HBC president called my brother to tell him about and we are planning to participate.

It sounds like a good way to get off the trainer and ride some intervals and maybe some pace lines.

Re: Re: "Track" riding right here in TN!

I'm going. The HBC is providing insurance for all HBC members with active membership. Therefore, no membership = no riding un-insured. Makes sense. Tonight is first practice ride actually, at 600 PM.

Re: Re: Re: "Track" riding right here in TN!

I dont get the track thing. You ride in circles? Do you race? Or is it just a substitute for regular rides, since its still dark when most of us get off?

I think it can be whatever you want it to be. When I was a runner I would often throw in a track workout so I could do intervals. It was a good compliment to my overall training schedule. It sure beat a treadmill, or in this case a trainer.

I am planning on attending, it will be a great way to get some interval work in.

I'm not ready for intervals yet, and I KNOW if I go, I'll be chasing somebody. I have to force me to ride slow for a true base this year. Gloves come off in March--then I'm going _less_ slow.

And Mike and I can take up klling these hills again.

Look forward to it. I am looking forward to the track sessions however.