General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crazy George's Ride to the Sky (Cookeville) and more

N.E. Buddy doing that one?

Looks like fun. "Short" steeps according to my reading of the elevation profiles. Almost the same total climbing as ERV-but spread out into "little" ones.

I'm thinking 'bout it. Am committed to the Lincoln ride. Doing the Jailbreak on the 27th.

BTW, I mapped out a 23-mile loop of the Alto climb--plan is to see how many loops I can make. Mike Kobeck--you listening?!

Re: Crazy George's Ride to the Sky (Cookeville) and more

When will you be doing this 23 mile Alto Loop?

I'd like to get an overnighter going where we can stay at St. Mary's like the previous Tour de Cure rides. As you might have heard, they won't be having a 2 day TDC ride from the Boro next year. It will only be a one day and starting from Springfield. I will miss it!

I'd like to make (Alto Loop) it if it works out with my schedule.

Doing the 12 hours on the Canal Loop at LBL?

I'm thinking about doing the 6 hours.

Yvonne

Nothing scheduled yet, but I do like that climb...and if mother google earth hasn't steered me wrong--the loop is pretty simple.

Much as I like Canal Loop--probably be next year before I bite off any more 6-12 hour races. DSG FER sure.

Might be fun to take a couple of those climbing loops on the roadie and then hit the trails with fat tires--a rough simulation of those long races.

Need to work out a good place to park/stay and such. More as this story develops.

And FTR-I'm probably doing the Parsley's-to Dekalb BBQ ride. mmmmm food.

Alto Loop

An alternative: Park somewhere on the Alto side, ride up and over, down the other side to Sherwood and back. The Sherwood climb is 4 miles, but not as steep as the Alto climb. The Highland Rimmers used to do that once a week. 34 miles round trip from the Catholic church in Alto. I prefer not to descend Alto, so go down 41 to Hawkins Cove rd. I used to park at a convenience store by the interstate exit 127.

Another "fun" climb is go up Clouse Hill, circle back to Monteagle, down 41a back to Pelham. Park at the same place, just go north on 50 first.

Thanks David--I was wondering what other climbs might be good. And yeah, I imagine that descending Roark's Cove will be intense. But I'm a real highway dodger and might rather do that than 41A.