General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jim Benson Memorial Ride

All,

Please dont forget about the ride Monday evening at 6p. We will assemble at Siegel HS in the parking lot closest to Thompson Lane. I understand that the newspaper and one of the Nashville newstations may be there. The Harpeth club and Team MTMC will be there as well. I am expecting several riders not from clubs there as well, so please lend a helping hand as we ride the 8 miles from the school to where Jim was hit and back.

Thanks.

Steve

Re: Jim Benson Memorial Ride

I will have black arm bands for the first 30 riders.

It will be important we start on time as sunset is 7:04 pm tonight.
Hope to see many of you there and ready to ride at 6 pm.

Cary

I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up. The parade permit was approved. We will have police support this evening for the 3 locations on the route sheet.

Re: Re: Jim Benson Memorial Ride

I had planned to be there. Due to unexpected work issues I will not be able to make the ride. I'll be thinking of everyone.

oh my what a turn out we had. Thank you everyone! Craig, Cary, Sarah, Ed, Josh we could not have done this without your help. For those of you not able to make this, you missed the most moving event I have ever been involved with. I think there were at least 100 bikes. To be at the end and see the mass of humanity moving was really something to see. Thank you so much Murfreesboro Bicycle Club.

Re: Re: Jim Benson Memorial Ride

I got to speak to Sandy (as did several of you also) and she was truly touched by the turnout and show of support, as was I-thanks to all.

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=D4&Date=20080908&Category=PHOTOGALLERIES01&ArtNo=809080804&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

The DNJ photographer did a pretty good job capturing the event.

Here is the story attached to the images.
http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/NEWS01/809090335&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Last night was an awesome display of community and brotherhood.