General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Interesting article from the Mboro Post

I am concerned by the comments of those who think bikes only belong on roads with bike lanes and the greenway. If I followed that line of thinking I would not even be able to get to the greenway from my home or my office that is less than a mile away from the greenway. (By the way, I had my most serious accident on the greenway.)

Maybe it is a good thing people are at least talking about this subject. We have to expect some resistance and negative comments from those who don't understand why we ride, but it is good to keep them talking. We appear to be receiving more attention in the community and with that it becomes difficult to be ignored. Perhaps this is the path that leads to some changes and reforms that will make it safer for us all. It's just a thought.

Re: Re: Interesting article from the Mboro Post

Good point David S. At least they are talking, that means people are aware of our presence....whether it be good or bad.

Re: Interesting article from the Mboro Post

I agree David! We must raise awareness and use every opportunity to educate.

The club has purchased some "3 feet law" bumper stickers, if you are a club member and would like to have one, they are free. We're selling them for $1 to non club members (what it cost us).

I also have some great looking posters spotlighting the "3 feet law" that we need placed in high traffic areas. If you'd like one to place in a public area (with owner permission of course) let me know, and I'll get one to you.

Change and acceptance can be slow, but with persistance, we can bring it about. But ultimately, even when we are diss'd, we must remain respectful. Just get the tag number and report it. The law IS on our side. (Mark B - let us know how your complaint is handled by the authorities)

keep it safe out there.