General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: not a pretty sight

I found this readers comments to be the most compelling words I've read following a report of an accident involving a cyclist:

as i have been reading these postings, I have realized that there are people who believe that someone has to be wrong and someone deserved this to happen. As a cyclist, a motorist, and a human being, I know that accidents happen. I know that everytime i drive or ride on the road, it could be my last time. I would hope that both the cyclists and the cabbie were never meant to be in this situation. I do not think that the cabbie intentionally wanted to fall asleep at the wheel, nor do I think that the cyclists wanted to be rear-ended because they were not supposed to be on the road. It is tragic when things happen like this. But instead of realizing that life is precious and that we should look out for eachother at all times, the posters are attacking one another with the same rage that may cause another such accident. Just remember, we are not just cyclists, we are not just motorists. We are fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, the person who checked you out of the grocery store last night, your babysitters dad, your co-workers brother, or even someone else that you may know within 7 degrees. No one deserves to be hurt on the road. Accidents do happen, but please realize that we are in control. We can either do the right thing, or do the wrong thing. We can take a deep breath and put things in perspective, or we can blow an insignificant moment into a catastrophe. My heart sinks for both the cyclist and their families, as well as the cabbie who was at the wrong place at the wrong time. again, accidents happen. These events should make us realize that life is too short.

Posted by: FIDDY

Well said Fiddy - Well said.

Ya'll be safe out there...

Re: Re: not a pretty sight

Yes, the picture is disgusting....but read all the comments. Those are not a pretty sight.