General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Preview Ride - Saturday August 16

The HOT 100 preview ride will be this Saturday, August 16 leaving Lascassas Elementary School at 7:00 a.m. The parking lot gate will be unlocked at 6:30 a.m. I will have cue sheets and maps, but the route has been freshly marked.

Josh Davis will be leading the 14 mile comfort zone route.

If you think you might be riding the 100 mile route, please let me know. There are very few markets (if any) along the route so I want to try to get some kind of support out there. Especially for the 100 mile route. So it would be helpful to have an idea of how many will be out there.

I'm sorta kinda planning to ride the 100 myself. So come on out and keep me company!

stores

There is Russell's Mkt in Readyville (mi 19). After mi 22, nothing until approx mi 55 which requires route modification. So...B&B Mkt hwy 70S near Lassiter Rd., Parsley's Hwy 70S & Hwy 64, Woodbury has stores. The last one is Dutton's. Go left at the bottom of Hurricane Creek on Hwy 267 (Mi 72 on the 100 or 37 on the 60.)

Re: Preview Ride - Saturday August 16

hi, i would love a very long ride. i will know by thursday if my family schedule will be good. i will e-mail you. may i have your cell? thanks, suzy z

Re: Re: Preview Ride - Saturday August 16

Hi Sarah,

The long ride would be good for me.

steve

I plan to ride the 33 mile route preview. Who will be leading that route?

Another store, just off the route is Hwy 53 Mkt. Regulars Cannon riders may be familiar with it.

Directions for those that aren't familiar: Where Petty Gap intersects with Hollow Springs--continue straight on Petty Gap 0.35 miles to 53 Hwy, make left (North) and Mkt is just over rise (0.1 mile) on right. Total of almost 1.0 off marked route, round trip. Made to order sandwiches (turkey/swiss on wheat-is my fave) and all the usual stuff. Diet Coke and soft-serve!

They're used to me coming in in full kit. Tell 'em Wade sent ya.

Bill, I'm not sure who will "lead" that ride, however, it is marked and I will have a cue sheet and a map for you with turn by turn instructions. You cannot get lost.

Anyone interested in about 70 miles on Saturday? I have two others that have voiced interest in either a 70 mile loop or one way with a pickup at the end.

Re: Re: Re: Preview Ride - Saturday August 16

main route is actually 67 & a little bit. You could run up Lassiter then come back on route via Hwy 64.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Preview Ride - Saturday August 16

Hey Steve, Doyle and I are planning to ride the metric+ route Saturday and save the 100 for next week.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Preview Ride - Saturday August 16

Hi David,

At the moment, I am not sure I can ride. Big problems with my bottom bracket working itself loose. I would love to ride with you if I can get everything together. There are a bunch of people doing 67 miles on Saturday.

Steve

sarah, i will be there @ 6:30 am. i truly look forward to 100 miles. thank you! suzy z

The paleo-rednecks from Woodbury plan on leaving from Woodbury and intercepting your column prior to you reaching Readyville and riding with you from that point.

howdy! will see ya"ll in the morning