General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cycling death memorial

In addition to the messages here, I have received a lot of private email traffic regarding a various types of memorials. While we are all anxious to respond to this tragedy, I'd like to ask everyone to refrain from doing anything regarding memorial markers without consulting with the family. And we should give them time to process this tragedy and grieve before we approach them.

Re: cycling death memorial

Ed- well said- I agree- I've been out of town and following this unfortunate event from the postings on the message board. Jim's family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cary

Re: cycling death memorial

I just returned from the memorial service and believe strongly that we need to wait before approaching the family. The line to see Jim's family this evening was almost two hours long. That is a lot of grieving people. MTMC is grieving as well, please let us process what has happened. Most of us were with Jim daily and have emails in our inbox from him regarding projects that were currently being worked on. It hardly seems possible that he is gone.

thanks.

Re: Re: cycling death memorial

I went to the visitation also and the line indeed was long. All the members of his family were very grateful for the cross and flowers my wife and I placed at the site. They are very strong-keep them all in your paryers.

Re: Re: Re: cycling death memorial

At the visitation,Jim's sister said to me that having that intersection changed to a 3-way stop would be a meaningful memorial.