General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LANCE TO RACE LEADVILLE 100

Lance is back on the bike and racing this sat:

Lance Armstrong is set to race in the Leadville Trail 100 on Saturday, a grueling 100-mile race in the Rockies of 1,000 mountain bike riders that left Floyd Landis battered and bleeding last year.

Armstrong's appearance in the 15th annual Race Across the Sky is the "'hugest' thing that's happened to Leadville since we discovered gold," proclaimed Ken Chlouber, the race's co-founder. "The whole town is buzzing and we are way beyond excited."

But Armstrong, who has turned his competitive juices to running marathons since his retirement from competitive cycling three years ago, cautioned that nobody should expect him to cross the finish line first.

The favorite, he said, has to be Dave Wiens, who beat Landis by two minutes last year to win his fifth straight title in a record time of 6 hours, 58 minutes.

Go- LANCE- GO!!

Re: LANCE TO RACE LEADVILLE 100

Now he's having fun. Dirt is fun.

Re: LANCE TO RACE LEADVILLE 100

Who else but our own "AB" (Stevie-Mac) will most likely be handing Lance a water bottle at the midway rest stop along with former Boro resident, Jay Fields at Leadville??!!

They get to have all the FUN!!

I'm so jealous!! I told them to send me photos from Jay's iPhone.

Lance is our role model "From the Road to the Dirt"!!

Come on MBC'ers hit the dirt!! You don't know what you're missing!!

All the fun without the side effects/consequences of illegal substances/actions!!