General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tue Sharpsville - Rider Hit

Jay Jackson got hit on tonight's Sharpsville ride. Apparently the driver decided to pass & speed as Jay turned left onto Guy James. He's going into surgery for a broken wrist & my understanding is he's otherwise ok. Keep him in your prayers.

Re: Tue Sharpsville - Rider Hit

what hospital? Did someone notify Ed?

Re: Re: Tue Sharpsville - Rider Hit

And, I hope Jay is ok....

Re: Re: Tue Sharpsville - Rider Hit

Your hospital - ER; moving to surgery when I got there after the ride approx 8:00. He called the Doc "Mike" so apparently knows him. Everything is being taken care of as far as I know.

Re: Re: Re: Tue Sharpsville - Rider Hit

What's the story on the driver of the car? Sped off?

Wow! I'm really sorry to hear that, but also good to know there weren't more serious injuries. Please keep us posted.

Ryan

Jay, I'm sorry to hear about the crash and your injury. I hope they caught the driver, although in my case at least, when I was hit by a car going 60mph (on a clear day, with a straight road, and no traffic whatsoever) the driver just got a careless driving ticket, while I was out of commission for 6 months. People should be held accountable for their driving, and I hope the driver will be held accountable in your case. Good luck, and I hope to see you back on the road again soon.

I heard this on the radio on my drive home and I was hoping it wasn't the club ride, but I knew it was. so sorry to hear... heal fast and heal strong Jay.

I wish you a speedy recovery Jay and a quick bike repair. I'm glad to hear your injuries are not more serious. I hope to see you back out on the road as soon as you heal.

I wonder how surprised the driver was when she realized she hit a lawyer. How many points are we lawyers worth now anyway?

I just returned from 2 weeks of military duty, so just found out about this. If anyone has Jay Jackson's phone #, would you please give me a call at 615-631-5009?

Thanks.