General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Newsletter distribution problems

Several of you have reported problems receiving the monthly newsletter, which is sent via email to the registered membership. I have been one of those, and think I may have figured out why.

A few days ago it occurred to me that perhaps the problem is at the reciever's end. Perhaps the receiver's own spam filters are seeing the email as spam, and dealing with it according to whatever rules are set up for that.

That theory was given a bit of credence this evening as I was looking through my 'trash' folder looking for an old message and discovered the email with the June newsletter (which I thought I had not received) - and it was flagged as spam! I'm not sure why it was flagged as such, and I am continuing to research the possibilities.

I have asked Clint Harrell (our newsletter editor) to put an announcement on this board when he sends out the July newsletter. You can help us out by watching not only your inbox, but whatever folders your email client may be dumping anything it thinks is spam. If you do discover that you received the newsletter but it was diverted as spam, please let me know and we'll work on fix.