General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: MTB Trail Info

Thanks. I saw the list of trails but wasn't sure what you guys would recommend. I'll keep 4 in mind.

Re: MTB Trail Info

Hi!! I recommend checking out the Nashville Mountain Bike site. www.nashvillemountainbike.com

Sounds like you all are very active. I do hope that you will check out our club's rides while you are here. I enjoyed reading your post. I love mtn biking as well as road riding and swimming. There are many good road routes as well as wonderful trails. You will not be disappointed.

Post up your ride schedule when you get it planned so we can join you!!

Re: Re: MTB Trail Info

Ok thanks a TON! Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we will only be able to ride one day. I have to get back to Indiana on Saturday night to shoot a wedding on Sunday. BUT my father might be interested in meeting up with you Saturday late afternoon for a road ride. I'll keep you posted. I will also let you know which mtb trial we pick.

Re: Re: Re: MTB Trail Info

Sat rides are usually in the morning but post back & see who is around. We could at least suggest a road route.

Re: MTB Trail Info

Yes, Nationalmountainbike.com has lots of local traffic and rides posted all the time--and the trail info is there.

I think AEDC would be a good bet, minus scenery. You might get some nice shots down by the lake.

The full loop is 14 miles, not super tech and no major climbing, but a good ride. With a map it is very easy for a weaker rider to shortcut out when he/she has had enough. It's about as close as anything to M'boro.

Scenery can be had at Franklin/Marion State Forest, but it's a bit further away and I've not beeen there in a while, but it has new mileage, double but, i'm not sure how well it is marked.

Chickasaw Trace at Columbia is an hour or so away, nice trail, goes by the river, has shortcuts. About 8 miles of trail there.

Wade

email me for more as I don't check in here regularly.