General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Tour de Cure riders?

Josh,
There's a certain point, road or driveway off to the left (forget what's its name), but if you can ride to that point, then it begins to level off and you get a chance to catch your breath. Then after that the rest does not seem so steep. So, just focus on reaching that drive not focusing on reaching all the way to the top. I rode up it the last 2 years, can't promise about this year as I've not gotten the number of miles under my belt that I usually have at this point. But, I think for you that you will have no trouble. I guess my advice is not to go as fast as you can, but go a little slower to save your strength til you reach that leveling off point. See you there. (Hope it doesn't rain on us) -Nancy Mc

Re: Tour de Cure riders?

I haven't 'walked' it in two years, been climbing it for 8...but I did have to stop last year.

Do your "mapmyride" and just do Roarks Cove Road from Alto, TN. Steve tells me it's newly paved!!

When you see the tennis shoes hanging from the electric lines, you'll know you are there.

Yeah, my goal is to jut have fun doing this. I got all hyped up at the CRAM and used myself up pretty quick, but I was still able to get my first metric done in 3 1/2 hours.

I hope everyone has fun. I did the Tour de Cure in Madison Wisconsin 2 weeks ago. Winds from 25-35 and fresh tilled dirt, but I still had a great time. With my hybrid I am unable to do the mountain. Hopefully Santa will bring me a new bike for Xmas. Hope to ride with some of you soon.

Re: Tour de Cure riders? - Alto Screenshot

a screenshot of roark cove rd from Alto

Thanks to Olga!

I had a blast this weekend, chest cold an all. I was looking forward to coming off the mountain today, but better safe than sorry.

Congrats Sarah for making it all the way up!

What an awesome ride!! I really had a blast. Too bad day 2 got cancelled. I was really looking forward to it. Oh, well. There's always next year!

FYI - Below is a link to a few pics I took on the ride.

http://www.photoworks.com/members/bigr521

Ryan, Thanks for sharing the photos! That was a gorgeous picture of the sunset at the top of the mountain. I'm already looking forward to next year's ride! -Nancy

A HUGE thank you to Larry Kirk, Steve Lovett, and Ryan Powell for getting me to the mountain! I could not have done it without you guys!

It was a wonderful day!!

Nice pictures, thanks Ryan

Re: Tour de Cure - Backprint Pics

FYI - 2008 Tour de Cure pictures are up on the backprint site

http://www.backprint.com/view_event.asp?PID=bp%1BxBt&EVENTID=38664