General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Thurs night northside

I think it would be perfectly appropriate for Mark (or anyone) to post a Monday or Wednesday ride. We have traditionally held Tuesdays and Thursdays to set locations during the season for ease of route planning, etc.(see ride calendar.) Not that this can't be discussed. Look for an announcement soon for a full club meeting in May.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thurs night northside

Good question Mark and good answer Jen. Tuesday and Thursday were originally chosen as official club ride nights way back when. If members rode on Sat. and Sunday rides then Monday was a good rest and family day. Wednesday's were not chosen because of church and other mid-week obligations. Due to our increase in traffic, commute time, gas prices, etc., it was decided to have rides on Tues. and Thurs. start at different areas to accommodate these changes. You are welcome to post your own rides on non-club days. If we want to make these official club rides we would need ride leaders, maps, etc. There is always room for change if folks are willing to take on the added responsibilities.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thurs night northside

Thanks old wise one!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thurs night northside

Thanks for the feedback. I've always wondered about why there were multiple rides on Tu/Th, and none on M/W. I spend Sundays at church and with my family, so I'm usually raring to go on Monday.

From what you're saying, I don't think the club is inherently against M/W rides, but it would just be up to someone to propose a ride to the club leadership and volunteer to lead it. I'm still too new to my job to commit to leading a ride, but by next season, I certainly will. For this season, if anyone else wants to be a leader of a M or W ride, I'd be willing to be a co-leader in case you weren't sure you could make 100% of the rides.

Re: Thurs night northside

Thanks for a fun ride on the Triple. It was a blast.