General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thurs night northside

We will be riding from Lighthouse Baptist on Thompson Lane at 5:30. For month of May we will be riding from Wilson Elementary-will be on club calendar!

Re: Thurs night northside

Brenda,

Any chance that when you put this on the calendar, it could be on a Monday or Wednesday? Just thinking that it would be nice to have a standing ride scheduled for one of those days, rather than limiting the organized club rides to Tuesdays and Thursdays. It would be nice to be able to get a few more club rides in.

Sorry I've missed you the past few weeks...look forward to catching up with you sometime soon.

Mark

Re: Re: Thurs night northside

Hope to see you tonight Mark (Michigan)-we were wondering where you were Tues.!
Hold on for an answer to your question-an officer or such help me out.

Re: Re: Re: Thurs night northside

I think it would be perfectly appropriate for Mark (or anyone) to post a Monday or Wednesday ride. We have traditionally held Tuesdays and Thursdays to set locations during the season for ease of route planning, etc.(see ride calendar.) Not that this can't be discussed. Look for an announcement soon for a full club meeting in May.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thurs night northside

Good question Mark and good answer Jen. Tuesday and Thursday were originally chosen as official club ride nights way back when. If members rode on Sat. and Sunday rides then Monday was a good rest and family day. Wednesday's were not chosen because of church and other mid-week obligations. Due to our increase in traffic, commute time, gas prices, etc., it was decided to have rides on Tues. and Thurs. start at different areas to accommodate these changes. You are welcome to post your own rides on non-club days. If we want to make these official club rides we would need ride leaders, maps, etc. There is always room for change if folks are willing to take on the added responsibilities.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thurs night northside

Thanks old wise one!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thurs night northside

Thanks for the feedback. I've always wondered about why there were multiple rides on Tu/Th, and none on M/W. I spend Sundays at church and with my family, so I'm usually raring to go on Monday.

From what you're saying, I don't think the club is inherently against M/W rides, but it would just be up to someone to propose a ride to the club leadership and volunteer to lead it. I'm still too new to my job to commit to leading a ride, but by next season, I certainly will. For this season, if anyone else wants to be a leader of a M or W ride, I'd be willing to be a co-leader in case you weren't sure you could make 100% of the rides.

Re: Thurs night northside

Thanks for a fun ride on the Triple. It was a blast.