General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ride Start Locations

Can someone tell me the locations (either address or cross streets) where the Tuesday/Thursday night rides start from once the "official" club ride season begins? I want to start figuring out if/how I'll be able to make it to the 5:30pm ride starts. (Sorry, I asked this question of someone before via email, but I've now moved to the area and don't have access to my old emails).

Thanks!

Mark

Re: Ride Start Locations

One of the Tue rides leaves from the corner of Sharpsville Rd & Halls Hill Pike. Greenland Dr. on the North side of MTSU becomes Halls Hill. Park in the church lot. The other Tue ride leaves from Almaville Rd. & Spantown Rd. Park at the log (Stevens) house on Spantown. See Almaville Rd near I840.

Thur ride leaves from downtown Christiana. Park in Miller's Grocery (actually a restaraunt)lot. Coonbilly can chime in where the other Thur ride leaves from.

slight correction, just to pick a nit ...

Spanntown Road is near SR (state route)-840, not I (Interstate)-840. Actually, there is no I-840 anywhere in TN, though I guess there might be an I-840 (interstate loop off of I-40) in some other state.

As I understand it, SR-840 was designed to be part of the Interstate system, but the feds wouldn't accept the results of the environmental impact study. The local honchos wanted the route so badly, they went ahead and built it without the federal funding, and so it is properly designated as SR-840. It seems I also recall the politicians promising the local landowners that were affected by it that there would be no commercial development along the route . . . we'll see how long that holds. Looks like it's already weakening between Smyrna and Lebanon.