General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rides for Friday and Sat. 2-15 and 2-16-08

Friday- will leave from church at corner of Osborne and Emery at 8:30 am. Planning to do 25 mile loops with each loop returning to church. So if you can't be there at 8:30 am then come join me on a later loop at either 10 or 11:30 am. Hope to get in 75 miles before the rain or in the rain.

Sat.- Leave at Noon from parking lot of Lascassas Baptist Church on right (just past Pearcy's store) on Jefferson Pike just before it T's at Hwy 96. Planning on 55-60 miles.

Cary- 893-0721

Re: Rides for Friday and Sat. 2-15 and 2-16-08

Cary, I'd be interested in a shorter option for the Sat. ride from Lascassas Baptist if you have that in your bag of tricks. Leaving that late in the day, I wouldn't have time to do the 55-60 miles.

how does this ride option compare to the Be There or Get Slower Ride on Saturdays I have found on NashvilleCyclist.com? And just how hilly is it there in Nashyville anyways. we have a tall bridge in FL... thats about it.

Mike M.- Don't know about the Nashville ride to compare. As far as hills yes it will be hiller then the overpasses you ride in Florida unless you ride around Bonifay, where I've done some brevets, and there are hills. On a scale of 1-no hills to 5-very hilly, my ride Sat. will be a 3 and the pace will be a steady one 14-15 mph avg.
Fridays loop will be less hiller- a 2.- pace slow burn- H.R. 100-120 range.
Hope you can join us- Cary

Re: Re: Rides for Friday and Sat. 2-15 and 2-16-08

Thanks for the info Cary. One last question... It turns out tobe about a 55 mile ride (according mapmyrun)if I go to the Warner Park ride. can you give me an addy for the school or other landmark you leave from so i see which is less driving for me. thanks so much

Re: Re: Re: Rides for Friday and Sat. 2-15 and 2-16-08

The addy for Lascassas Baptist Church is

4750 E Jefferson Pike
Lascassas, TN 37085

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rides for Friday and Sat. 2-15 and 2-16-08

Great!

I will try to join for the last 25 on Friday since i get in early Friday AM. I ride a black Kestrel so if you see a lost rider with a black Kestrel that will likely be me.

not sure about Saturday yet. Is that a different location.

thanks very much

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rides for Friday and Sat. 2-15 and 2-16-08

Sorry I did not make it out. I hope nobody waited around for me. We drove all night Thursday and got in at 8AM Friday. No riding that day. Then Saturday I found out there was a half marathon 3 miles from where we stayed... No riding that day. I rode Sunday after finding bike marks on chicken road, tater peeler and 266. Just rode circles for a while.

Very nice change from Florida, but that **** wind sucked.

I will be back this summer and this time i'll make the ride.. i promise.

Earl- there will be a shorter option.

See you Sat.- Cary

I'm interested in the shorter ride too. Thanks Cary!

Mike M.- Sat. is the addy that Still Earl gave you. The FRIDAY ride is at a different Church. To get to it head out Hwy 231-N (Memorial Blvd), go past State Farm Insurance on your right, just after stop light and the next right is Osborne Lane (there's a Wilson Bank'N'Trust on the corner. Turn right on Osborne and follow it until it T's at stop sign with Emery Drive, church is on that corner on your right. I will have my cell phone so call me if you need to (615-904-5940) The times of my loops are approx but I won't start my 3rd loop before 12-noon.
Cary

whats an addy?

addy = address

Re: Re: Re: Rides for Friday and Sat. 2-15 and 2-16-08

New name for Still Steve - Still 'Crypto' Steve

Cary,

I would like to join you today. If I'm not punctual, don't wait.

ok....so its not who's your daddy, but more like what's your addy?? Im not sure, but I think I dated her once