General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vacationing in area

I'm from Greenville Michigan and am going to be in the area from Feb.20th to the 22nd. and hope to get in a couple of bike rides. Can anyone suggest a place to stay in the area? I thought one of the hotels or motels off exit 78 or do you think that area is to busy to ride a bike from. Do you think further North around Smyrna would be better. I'm looking for something around $60 to $70 a night. If anyone is interested in a ride during that time frame I would be interested.
Thanks,

Re: Vacationing in area

I would suggest staying in Smyrna at one of the hotels west off I-24 (off Sam Riddley Highway). I believe that would give you the quickest access to rural roads - start out traveling westbound. Most of the hotels along Exit 78 will force you to get on some of the busiest roads in town.

hope that helps

Smyrna???

Someone will need to send him cues. Another name for Smyrna is the Armpit of TN. There is good riding all around this place. You can drive 15 minutes from about anywhere & be out in the country.

Re: Smyrna???

Smyrna is not as bad as it used to be. Besides, any hotel west of I-24 would allow him to leave directly from the hotel rather than drive somewhere to get started.