General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saturday meeting at the Murfreesboro Y

Its time for those people who want to save the TCM to step up to the plate and volunteer to serve to keep this ride going. If you are one of those, plan to be at the meeting. If you can't be there and still plan on working, notify someone of your intentions. If you are against the TCM, still plan on being at the meeting. Its time for members to voice their opinions (in a civil manner)!

Dwight Bond
631-6295

Re: Saturday meeting at the Murfreesboro Y

It's on my calendar.

I'm in. How fun putting on a bike ride? Let's do beer & pizza after the meeting. Slovett, where did our babysitter used to work? Perhaps we should go there. The pizza mighty fine.

Re: Re: Saturday meeting at the Murfreesboro Y

Bob,

That would be Ahart's Pizza. On SR-96, just west of I-24, across the road from Krogers, in the strip mall behind O'Charleys. I'd like to go after the meeting myself but already have a dinner commitment.

Best pizza in town, in my book.

- Ed

Now we're getting down to business

What prior commitment can be more important than a post meeting eat? Ahart's would have been a good place for the meeting. Is there a motion for change of venue? Oops, meeting hasn't started so no motions allowed.

Re: Now we're getting down to business

I deliberately scheduled the meeting to *not* be at a restaurant. Part of the problem in the past with having meetings during the 'eat' of a ride'n'eat event is that everyone is more interested in the 'eat' than the meeting. The most important topic at this meeting is club governance and member involvement, and I didn't want any distractions, nor any 'civilians' looking on from the next table.

And those who support the decision of the officers need to show up and voice their opinions as well. This is planned as a general business meeting of the club membership.

- Ed Stevens

Re: Re: Saturday meeting at the Murfreesboro Y

Let me echo Ed's comments. Although I would hate to see the TCM go by the wayside, this meeting is not about me - its about the membership. Its purpose is not to solicit volunteers for the TCM (even though that will be necessary for the TCM to be a success). Its purpose is to hear from the membership.