General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who's riding what???

I'm trying to decide what rides to participate in this tear. So here is a general question for the masses.What centuries/epic rides are are you planning to ride this up coming season???? (other than the Hot)

Travis

Re: Who's riding what???

Crankin Cannon if it's on; 3 state 3 mtn; Tour de Cure; harpeth river ride if is doesn't conflict w/ bonnaroo; Elk River; BRAT; maybe Moosa or Michigan...still deciding, and maybe a couple of tandem rallys. There's a couple of rides in wilson county that are good rides, but I don't remember the names. Makin' Macon fit is good too. and then their is HOW 100 but i think that conflict with Elk River..oh so many choices!!!

Custom designed ride at end of April

A week of Cannon Co riding is scheduled for the end of April. It's been named the (S)pring (H)igh (I)ntensity (T)raining ride. Intensity and mileage will be up to the individual rider. Ride will leave whenever we get out the door. I'm making several 60 mi routes of my favorite roads with higher & lower mileage combinations available. Topography will range from "Cannon County Flat" to hilly & will pass local stills & weed patches. We'll stay away from both to avoid getting shot. One day will include the Crankin Cannon Co Ride. Everything other than the Crankin will be totally unsupported and will use stores & perhaps a return to the cabin as rest stops. Unsupported means BYOB(ike), booze, food, tent, bedding, wash cloth etc. Accomodations are on a first come basis with camping, cabin floor space & a few beds available.

Re: Custom designed ride at end of April

Open the season with Rouge Roubaix-it's a race with a Gran Fondo group (non racers). Not a sissy ride-but fun. Need your beater bike-or do as they and ride those nice bikes- as it is billed as rough roads-called Hell of the South in Bicycling Magazine. Then there's woodland calhoun in Anniston early. Don't forget Cheaha, Cherohala Challenge, Leaves of Lincoln, Dogwood, Tour de Blount, 6 gap, Misaligned Minds so many rides so little time!!

That's nice but

whata are the dates?

Big Hill Challenge in Watertown. Late April or early May, usually.

I just received entry forms for the Harmonie Hundred, 2 day ride on May 3/4. (you can ride 1 or 2 days)
Great town, rolling countryside, farms and forests. I will bring them to the meeting on Sat.
It would be great to have a group from the club do this ride.

Cary

that looks like a wonderful ride...but we've got one of the five year planners finally graduating in Chattanooga on the 4th...Guess we'll do 3S3M and then celebrate our raise...er I mean our graduate!

TCM is the best, if we do it again.

Dirt Sweat & Gears!

May 3 Fayetteville, 12-hour off-road race.

Elk River Valley 100, 8 September.

hmmmm, I just realized that BOTH of these rides feature beer.

Otherwise just training and NORBA sprints.