General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sat Beech Grove ride 10:00

Which direction and how far from the intersection of hwy 64 and hwy 41? What kind of Church? (I'm not allowed to park at certain southern fundamentalist churches).

church is located

On Hwy 41 just past Hwy 64. You could park at the store which is closed or across the road where the people sell their yard sale stuff. I'd guess it's a CoC but really have no idea. At least the church won't sell your car. I'm not so sure about the yard salers.

Re: Re: Sat Beech Grove ride 10:00

The building is occupied by Christians who speak where the Bible speaks and remain silent otherwise, also known as a meeting house of the Church of Christ. We would likely fall into the fundamentalist category, but the Bible is silent on both cars and bicycles so neither are banned, but do not bring a piano or guitar.

Dave, take the BeechGrove Exit off 24 and look for the cars with bikes on them...oh..and the spandex..I think you'll turn left onto 64 and then right onto 41..don't go toward BellBuckle when you get off the interstate.

new roads!!!

Glanced at the map & found some roads I've never been on. Will know after the ride how well paved they are. They look like nice twisty roads.

I have no idea where you are all speak'n bout. I24 which way? Need better directions. yours truely, still steve

Re: Re: Sat Beech Grove ride 10:00

Ought not be out here if you don't know where you're goin. I'll be picking up the club wood meister enroute. You're welcome to ride with or follow. Otherwise, take I24 towards Chattanooga (or Atlanta). Exit at Beech Grove, turn left at end of ramp, right at Hwy 41 (Manchester Pike), church is on right.

Re: Sat Beech Grove ride 10:00 - Map to ride.

Map of Beech Grove, TN

thanks Eric.....

ok so whats up with the handle bar place? I caught the part about changing out of spandex...

Still Steve- The Handle bar is a biker bar and I have been in there in spandex several times and have have always been well received and made to feel welcome. They have great burgers and very cold beer.
Now as to the roads Bob has "found" that could be a different story.
Cary

found roads

I have it on good word that the found roads aren't completely new virgin roads & but neither are they worn out although a couple in the flats have a couple of bumps. Guess that reflects life pretty well. It should be a good trip.

Re: found roads

Bob, I enjoyed your ride. Sorry I had to leave early. I made the funeral on time.

Junk et al...see ya at ye beachgrove sunday go to meet'n joint. Pops Clevenger com'n to the Boro today from Atl. Not sure about suck'n suds post trek through countryside.

Sincerely,

Still Steve